What is Estate Planning?
Estate planning is the process through which a person plans the transfer of their assets at death and prevents the court from gaining jurisdiction over their affairs.
Estate planning can be difficult to think about, but it is important. The future inability to manage your personal and financial affairs on your own is inevitable. Our team has firsthand knowledge of caring for aging parents and raising children and will guide you through preparing for incapacity or death. This will make you well prepared so that if something should happen to you, your assets, family and long-term wishes will be protected.
Why Work With An Estate Planning Attorney?
Estate planning is serious business and extremely complicated. One wrong word or one missing signature can change the entire intent of a will or trust. It's extremely important to have a solid estate plan in place so that your loved ones receive your assets without a hassle or delay after your death.
Our Estate Planning Services
When it comes to estate planning services, our attorney can help you:
- Draft and update your will
- Create trusts which are appropriate to your needs
- Name a guardian for your minor children
- Choose a conservator to manage your estate
- Name a Patient Advocate and Provide advance directives (Living Will/Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care)